I really like the idea of publicly sharing weekly frugal accomplishments, which I first saw on The Prudent Homemaker Blog. This concept appeals to me because I think it’s motivational to celebrate small wins, and because it can be a great way to share ideas. With that in mind, here’s the first of what I intend to become a weekly list:
- Ate Easter meal leftovers for dinner three nights. (Thanks to my husband’s family for hosting AND sharing the leftovers with us!)
- Negotiated a lower rate from our trash/recycling company, which will save us $96 per year!
- Inquired about advertising options with WordPress, to – hopefully! – increase my income.
- Sold items in two local consignment sales, and netted $133.
- Cashed in some eRewards survey points for a free Money magazine subscription.
- Emptied my composter and added the contents to one of my veggie boxes. Planted sugar snap peas, broccoli, and Brussels sprouts.
- Read Say Goodbye to Survival Mode (borrowed from the library), by Crystal Paine from MoneySavingMom.com. I shared some initial thoughts before I finished it here.
- Paid cash for my weekly groceries for the first time ever!
What about you?