Good Monday morning! I hope you had a wonderful weekend, and a very Happy Mother’s Day!
Here are last week’s frugal highs:
- Called Chase and asked them to lower my interest rate. (I have three Chase credit card accounts, each with a different interest rate.) I was told that they don’t honor individual requests for interest rate changes, and instead they evaluate each account every six months and make whatever adjustments they see fit. (Note: This wasn’t a huge win for me, but it was something I put off doing for a long time, so I’m giving myself credit for finally following through.)
- Planted arugula, mesclun, carrots, parsnips, pumpkins, and onions.
- Read Dave Ramsey’s book, More Than Enough: The Ten Keys to Changing Your Financial Destiny. (From the library, of course.)
- Switched to a different electricity provider, who guarantees that we’ll save at least 2% each year.
- Called the cable company, and got them to lower our rate for cable/internet by $13 per month. Not earth-shattering, but it’ll save us $156 a year.
- Sold two items in my Amazon store.
What about you? How was your week?