I hope you’re enjoying a wonderful Memorial Day weekend, while taking time to remember those who fought for the freedom and rights we enjoy as Americans.
Here are last week’s frugal highs:
- Received my first payment for items sold through my Amazon store.
- Updated my trash/recycling account so the payments come out of my bank account, rather than being charged to my credit card.
- Read The Complete Cheapskate, by Mary Hunt, and How to Get Out of Debt, Stay Out of Debt, and Live Prosperously, by Jerrold Mundis (from the library, of course!).
- Updated the credit card on my EZ Pass account from the one I’m paying off first, to another, lower-interest one. (EZ Pass only allows payment via credit card.)
- Cashed in some points in my MyPoints account for a $10 Home Depot gift card. We’ll use this the next time we have to buy salt for our water softener.
- Purchased a mattress/box spring set for our daughter during a Memorial Day weekend sale, at the store with the best prices in our area, 40 minutes from our home. Avoided the $89 delivery fee by strapping them to the roof of our car and driving home VERY slowly. (I nearly needed a Xanax for this last part of the trip!)
- Dropped some items for sale off at a local consignment store, and picked up a $58 payment for previously sold items.